Thornbury Community Services has a variety of healthcare assistant (HCA) jobs available across the UK for passionate HCAs looking to develop a meaningful career providing exceptional care to people in the community. As an ‘Outstanding’ CQC-rated care provider, we deliver care to adults and children with a range of complex conditions across England. View our latest HCA jobs in your area below.
More information about TCS healthcare assistant jobs
Our TCS healthcare assistant jobs are ideal for passionate HCAs who are experts in their field and looking to make a real difference in the lives of the people they care for. Below, is a detailed overview of what you can expect when working as a healthcare assistant with Thornbury Community Services.
The role and responsibilities of a TCS healthcare assistant
When joining TCS as an HCA, your role and responsibilities will vary depending on the client you work with and their changing healthcare needs. In your healthcare assistant job, you will use your expertise and knowledge to carry out duties, including:
- Monitoring the client’s general health and wellbeing
- Delivering personal care and hygiene
- Administering medication
- Supporting the client with their nutrition and diet
- Supporting and enabling the client to meet their social goals and aspirations
- Ensuring consistent communication with clients, family and professionals
- Observing the client’s airways which can include tracheostomy management and care
- Observing the client’s breathing which can include invasive or non-invasive ventilation management and care
- Monitoring stock
- Maintaining records
- Supporting with physiotherapy and following a prescribed plan
- Conducting safety checks on equipment
- Managing infection prevention and control
- Supporting with tissue viability
- Moving and handling
- Carrying out elimination management when required
Skills and qualities needed in TCS HCA jobs
At TCS, we recruit healthcare assistants with previous UK paid care experience and a passion for delivering bespoke high-quality care to people with a range of complex needs. We look for those who can bring a range of skills and qualities to their HCA jobs, including effective communication skills, resilience, good time management skills and a positive and professional attitude.
Thornbury healthcare assistant salary and pay rates
Healthcare assistant jobs with TCS come with a comprehensive benefits package and HCA pay rates that are highly competitive against other HCA agencies. Take a look at our healthcare assistant pay rates below.
||Total hourly pay
Friday 8pm-12am (midnight)
Monday 12am (midnight)-8am
Friday 12am (midnight)-Sunday 12am (midnight)
Our TCS healthcare assistant benefits package
At TCS, we want our healthcare assistants to feel supported in their roles so they can make a real difference in our clients’ lives and achieve the HCA career they want.
Upon starting your healthcare assistant job with TCS, you’ll gain complete access to our extensive benefits package, which includes:
- 24/7 operations and clinical support
- 24/7 access to our Wellbeing and Support Hub
- Access to our shift management app, ipoint
- Travel and mileage expenses in some instances
- £200 Refer an HCA bonus
- Short-term and full-time shift patterns to suit your HCA job
- Regular supervisions and appraisals
- Confidential wellbeing calls with our Supervisions and Appraisals Team
- 24/7 access to Thornbury Community Services information hub, Compass
- Bespoke training and continual professional development (CPD) opportunities
- Regular support from clinical leads with care plans and risk assessments
Find out more about our latest healthcare assistant jobs today
Keep up to date with our latest healthcare assistant jobs in your area by applying with us today using the form below.
Our dedicated Resourcing Recruitment Team are also available to discuss our latest Thornbury HCA jobs with you. If you’d like to speak with the team, get in touch with them using the details below.
Phone: 0333 323 3762
Email the team