Thornbury Community Services has a variety of paediatric nurse jobs available across the UK for passionate nurses wanting to make a real difference in the lives of the children and young people we care for in the community. Take a look below to view our latest paediatric nursing jobs in your area.
Learn more about paediatric nurse jobs at TCS
Our paediatric nurse jobs are perfect for committed nurses wanting to deliver bespoke care and support to young people.
From enabling young people and children to stabilise at home, achieve personal goals, learn new hobbies and take trips into their local community, the children’s nurse jobs we have available will give you the opportunity to make a real difference to those that you care for.
If you’re interested in joining the TCS team, find out more about our paediatric nursing jobs below.
What we require from our paediatric nurses
Our paediatric nurse jobs require registered nurses with a minimum of 12 months of UK based paediatric nursing care experience along with the following skills:
- Tracheostomy care and suctioning experience
- Tracheostomy tube change
- Ventilation via tracheostomy
Dependent on the paediatric nursing job you work in, you may be required to have other nursing skills to support our young clients and their care requirements.
The role and responsibilities of TCS paediatric nurses
While working as a TCS paediatric nurse, you’ll use your expertise, skillset and clinical judgement to make conscious and reactive decisions, so our clients always receive the highest quality of care. Paediatric nurse jobs available at TCS can differ depending on the client you’re caring for and their medical and emotional requirements. Your role and responsibilities can also change daily to ensure the clients you are supporting receive care that is tailored to their current needs.
Typically, your role and responsibilities may include:
- Consistent communication with paediatric clients, families, and professionals
- Monitoring the client’s nutrition
- Supporting the client to meet their social goals and aspirations
- Conducting regular checks on the client’s airways (this may include tracheostomy management and care)
- Conducting regular checks on the client’s breathing (this may include invasive or non-invasive ventilation management and care)
- Managing infection prevention and control
- Administering medication when required
- Assessing the client’s general health and wellbeing
- Monitoring stock
- Supporting physiotherapy
- Following a prescribed plan
- Carrying out regular safety checks on equipment
- Keeping records
- Supporting with tissue viability
- Delivering paediatric personal care and hygiene
- Moving and handling
- Supporting elimination management
Skills and qualities needed in TCS paediatric nurse jobs
We look for paediatric nurses who are passionate, resilient and highly skilled. Our paediatric nurses also need to have strong communication skills, exceptional paediatric clinical skills and the ability to work autonomously.
By working with paediatric nurses with the right skills and qualities who are experts in their field, the children and young people we support receive the highest level of care and have the ability to live fulfilling and rewarding lives.
TCS paediatric nurse salary and pay rates
Our paediatric nurse jobs come with market-leading nurse pay rates and a comprehensive benefits package. Take a look at our Thornbury paediatric nurse pay rates below.
||Total hourly pay
(RN, RNC, RGN, RSCN)
(RN, RNC, RGN, RSCN)
Friday 8pm-12am (midnight)
Monday 12am (midnight)-8am
(RN, RNC, RGN, RSCN)
Friday 12am (midnight)-Sunday 12am (midnight)
Our paediatric nurse benefits package
At TCS, we want our nurses to feel valued and supported in their roles so they can achieve the nursing career they want and truly make a difference in the lives of our clients.
When you join us as a paediatric nurse, you’ll gain access to our comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- £250 refer an adult or paediatric nurse bonus
- 24/7 operations support from our dedicated care coordinators
- 24/7 clinical support from our expert Clinical Team
- Career development opportunities to progress into managerial paediatric nursing jobs and oversee our packages of care as a clinical lead
- Travel and mileage expenses in some instances
- A variety of shifts available to make your paediatric nursing job work for you
- A dedicated team supporting you through your nurse revalidation
- Regular supervisions and appraisals
- 24/7 access to the TCS information hub Compass
- Confidential wellbeing calls with our Supervisions and Appraisals Team
- Nurse upskilling opportunities
- Continual professional development (CPD) courses
- Regular support from clinical leads with care plans and risk assessments
- 24/7 access to our Wellbeing and Support Hub
Why choose a paediatric nursing career in community care?
In a community-based paediatric nurse job, you will focus on delivering bespoke care to young individuals with complex care conditions and building strong professional relationships with their families to ensure the care they receive is tailored to their needs.
Unlike hospital-based paediatric nursing jobs, a community paediatric nursing career requires you to care for one or a few young people. You become an integral part of their life where you operate with a high level of autonomy, planning and overseeing the young client’s day whilst consider their medical needs, wellbeing, likes and hobbies and the family’s needs as well.
“Working at Thornbury allows me to work with conscientious hardworking professionals, which is great. The nurse rates of pay are excellent too, and I can pick and choose the hours I want.”
- Paediatric nurse (RNC)
Get in touch to discuss our latest paediatric nurse jobs
Keep up to date with our latest paediatric nursing jobs in your area by applying with us today using the form below.
Our dedicated Resourcing Recruitment Team are also available to discuss our latest paediatric nursing jobs with you. If you’d like to speak with the team, get in touch with them using the details below.
Phone: 0333 323 3762
Email the team