Support Worker - Learning disabilities and autism.
£16 - £20 Per Hour.
Thornbury Community Services (TCS) is recruiting for Support workers with Learning Disabilities and Autism experience to work with us in the community. TCS is recruiting support workers to join our service and provide consistent and continuous care to vulnerable adults and children in the community. We require support workers to cover 12-hour shifts, in a 24/7, 2:1 package of care for a young male diagnosed with Downs Syndrome and Autism.
This package is located in Weymouth and we are looking for a staff team who are able to provide regular, consistent shifts on a weekly basis.
Full support and training will be given to all of our support workers to ensure a trusting relationship is established not only with our clients but also our dedicated staff. Applicants should be compassionate with a strong sense of integrity and dedication.
The ideal support worker will be confident in managing risks out in the community and will also be able to effectively de-escalate stressful situations. Support workers will have experience of working with learning disabilities and autism either in a secure unit, a residential setting or working within a SEN School.
What Thornbury Community Services can offer you.
- Simple Registration process – Online platforms and electronic file clearing, one to one support throughout the process.
- Rotas provided a month in advance.
- Mileage and travel allowance covered.
- Support when needed 24/7 from our dedicated team.
- A variety of bonuses and recognition and reward schemes, including Refer a friend bonus.
- Access to an exclusive benefits platform offering a range of discounts and perks.
- Support from a clinical lead in relation to care plans, risk assessments, ensuring that collaborative working is key.
- Excellent pay rates.
- Four payroll runs per week.
Support worker experience required:
- Extensive experience working with learning disabilities and autism clients in the last 2 years.
- A clean driving licence and access to a vehicle is preferred but not essential.
Support worker experience preferred:
- Experience of using Positive Behavioural Strategies.
- Prevention Management of Violence and Aggression experience.
- Physical Intervention training to have been completed within the last year, however successful applicants will need to attend bespoke training specifically designed for our client and their needs.
Apply today or call 0333 323 1914 for more information. We look forward to welcoming you to our TCS family!