ICS Group is a unique healthcare solutions platform with an integrated specialised staffing and healthcare services offering combining deep clinical expertise, digital capabilities, technology and analytics.
Part of the ICS Group, Thornbury Community Services, is a division that consists of Complex Community Care, Learning Disabilities and Autism and Mental Health.
High quality care is our number one priority. With a team of exceptional and conscientious healthcare staff, we’re able to deliver the best complex care at home or in the community, 24/7 or whenever it is needed. With compassion, integrity and dedication, we help empower individuals to achieve personal aspirations, as well as providing care tailored to their needs. Making a positive difference to our client’s lives is our passion and it’s this that sets us apart.
You’ll find us open, honest and straightforward in everything we say and do. Joining Thornbury Community Services means joining a team of industry experts who will mentor and guide you throughout your career.
About the opportunity
Thornbury Community Services is currently looking to recruit a passionate and knowledgeable Mental Health Nurse to work with our complex care packages as a Regional Clinical Lead for our Mental Health Service. You will be responsible for overseeing the bespoke care and support of clients, helping them to achieve their full potential and experience an increased quality of life. You will support the Clinical Nurse Manager in the assessment process and setting up a new package.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for undertaking initial holistic nursing assessments in partnership with the Service User/family/carer and involving other statutory/voluntary/third ‘party’ sector providers as necessary
- Responsible for developing individualised Care Plans in partnership with the Service User/family/other Health Care Professionals as appropriate ensuring goals are patient focused, realistic and achievable.
- To ensure all care packages are reviewed every three months or more frequently in accordance with clinical level
- Assist with training and development, along with assisting with the completion of competency-based frameworks for Health Care Support Workers
- To demonstrate appropriate escalation of concerns to the Divisional Clinical Lead
- To demonstrate and follow reporting mechanisms to the Divisional Clinical Lead and Complex Community Business Manager
- To conduct generic risk assessments and review them on a regular basis, in line with organisational policy
- To conduct Service User specific risk assessments, in conjunction with other Health Care Professionals
- To maintain excellent communication with the Divisional Clinical Lead and Case Manager, highlighting any areas of concern.
- Provide On Call support to the Community Care team on a roster basis.
We believe to be successful within this role, you will need to have
- RMN Registration
- Current NMC
- Band 6 or equivalent
- Additional Mental Health/Learning Disability/Autism training
- Community experience
- Flexible working approach
What we can offer you
In exchange for your hard work we can offer you a fantastic company culture, optional charity involvement and a great work/life balance. As well as a competitive salary, 25 days holiday which increases with years of service and a company pension scheme. We also hold various social events throughout the year, offer holiday incentives abroad, awards for excellent performance and a strong internal support team.
Our commitment to employee development through training, has resulted in a World Class personalised progression pathway with Learning and Development courses to choose from in order to enhance your skills. If you are looking for a role where you are a valued member of a key business function, where you can push your career forward in a company that continues to grow year on year, then contact us now with your current CV to apply.
The ICS Group is an equal opportunities employer