Registered Nurse (RNLD) - Learning Disabilities & Autism
£39 days, £44.50 nights, £49 weekends
Thornbury Community Services is recruiting experienced Registered Learning Disabilities Nurses (RNLDs) to join our team in Salisbury. Our young male client has a diagnosis of learning disabilities and autism and requires 24/7 care. RNLDs will lead a shift with healthcare support workers on a 5:1 ratio during the day and night. Shift times are 8am until 8pm or 8pm until 8am, on an ad-hoc basis. Experience performing physical interventions and de-escalating behaviours that challenge is essential.
Your care, our passion
Thornbury Community Services provide specialist outcome-focused support for children and adults who are diagnosed with a learning disability and/or autism, who may present with behaviours that challenge. Our overall objective is to always strive to have the service user at the centre of their care and promote all our service users to live independent, fulfilling and rewarding lives, being active members of their communities. You will be supported by an experienced team who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of individuals we care for.
- A registered nurse with a minimum of 6 months experience in the last two years, working with children and adults who are diagnosed with a learning disability and/or autism.
- The ability to lead a team on shift and ensure consistency is maintained and that care plans are followed.
- The ability to undertake risks management decisions, to ensure the safety of all staff and clients.
- To support the wellbeing of the staff teams and be able to complete reflective practice.
- Able to administer prescribed medication in line with Healthcare commission guidelines.
- Previous experience preferred would include: working with people who can display behaviours that challenge so that assessment and interventions can take place, forensic risks and management, comorbidity mental health diagnosis and working with people in the community.
- A commitment to the people we support, to ensure that they are provided with an excellent quality of life and reduction in behaviours that challenge.
- A current UK driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes is desirable.
Benefits for you
- Four payroll runs per week.
- Bespoke training and development opportunities.
- A simple registration process with online platforms, electronic file clearing and one to one support throughout the process.
- Mileage and travel allowance are covered in some instances.
- Rotas provided a month in advance.
- 24/7 clinical support from our dedicated team.
- A variety of bonuses and recognition and reward schemes, including Refer a friend bonus.
- Access to an exclusive benefits platform offering a range of discounts and perks.
This is an excellent opportunity for passionate RNLDs to join an extremely rewarding package of care. You will help transform the lives of individuals and their families; whilst developing and maintaining professional working relationships.
If you are interested in this vacancy, apply now. If you would like more information, you can call Stacey on 0333 323 1914 or email email@example.com.
Enabling your passion for Caring.