- Job Title: Out of Hours Nurse Advisor
Division: Thornbury Community Services
Line Manager: Clinical Lead
Hours: Full time/Part time rota
Are you looking for flexibility in shifts to fit around your lifestyle? Are you an experienced Nurse and wanting to utilise your clinical experience away from an acute or community-based setting?
If so, this role is for you.
At Thornbury Community Services (TCS), high quality care is our number one priority. Making a positive difference to our client’s lives is our passion and it’s this that sets us apart. You’ll be working within an environment where knowledge is shared, feedback is actioned. Everyone is committed to open, honest, two-way communication.
Your role will be pivotal in providing a 111-style service to our community clients and staff out of core business hours. You’ll be working in a team, under the direction of the Clinical Lead and Business Manager and be responsible for giving guidance and clinical support.
There are full and part time roles available covering twilights, nights and weekends.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Clinical /Nursing qualifications
- Numerate & literate
- Nurse Pin
- Knowledge of complex community care
- Ability to organise and prioritise own work load
- Ability to work independently and triage confidently
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good telephone manner
- Strong IT skills
- Self-motivated and driven, ability to work without supervision
- Ability to produce accurate and detailed work to tight timescales
- Ability to write and record accurate clinical details
- Professional and dynamic
- Enthusiastic and committed to the business objectives of the Company
- Ensure compliance with relevant quality policies and procedures and legislative requirements and keeping up to date with changes as determined by the Quality and Compliance team.
- Responsibility for answering clinical calls efficiently and safely – presenting a professional and business-like manner at all times
- Resolve problems quickly & accurately following appropriate procedure
- Adheres to ICS health and safety policies and procedures, reporting issues to management if required.
- Maintaining CPD in line with NMC requirements
We are looking for someone who is able to work nights, twilights or weekends, can answer calls, advise and manage the clinical needs of our clients out of hours. Have the ability to work efficiently and safely in line with relevant care and contingency plans. Someone who can develop and maintain relationships with our clients and colleagues alike. Ensuring all data is entered accurately and promptly.