Thornbury Community Services (TCS) has opportunities available for mental health support workers in Plymouth.
We’re looking for mental health support workers who share our goal of providing world-class care to clients with complex mental health conditions living in their own homes and local communities. For this package of care, you will need the following:
- A minimum of 12 months' UK experience in the last two years working with clients with a mental health condition
- Experience and confidence in performing physical interventions in the last two years
- Female support workers with a full UK driving licence are required.
We have day and night shifts available. The hours are: Monday through to Sunday from 08:00 until 20:00 and 20:00 until 08:00.
Our values and vision
At TCS, we have five core values that define our expectations of what we want to achieve in our mental health service. Our five values are professionalism, integrity, passion, expertise and respect. Each of our values clearly outlines our vision which incorporates our three top priorities of delivering safe care, investing in quality, colleagues and leadership and building a joined-up future through technology. Our support workers understand the importance of our values and what they mean to us.
At TCS, we don’t just talk about our values; we live them.
Working as a mental health support worker at TCS
Our mental health service provides children and adults with highly bespoke care and support to enable them to regain their skills and confidence whilst leading rewarding and fulfilling lives. Each of our clients has their own care plan, which you will gain access to when you join us to understand their specific needs. We aim to provide our clients with the very best care to ensure they can achieve their long-term goals and aspirations. To do this, we need the best mental health support workers who can deliver care with our values in mind, aspire to make a difference and empower our clients to lead rewarding lives.
How we reward you
We believe in recognising and rewarding each of our healthcare professionals for demonstrating the TCS values in their role and delivering person-centred care to our clients. We have created a bespoke benefits package to ensure you feel valued, can achieve the career you want and truly make a difference in the lives of our clients. When you join our TCS community, you will receive market-leading rates of pay and gain complete access to our comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Four payroll runs per week
- Confidential wellbeing calls with our Supervisions and Appraisals Team
- Rotas provided a month in advance
- 24/7 clinical support when needed from our dedicated team
- A variety of recognition and reward schemes
- Refer a friend bonus
- Access to an exclusive benefits platform offering a range of discounts and perks
- Regular support from clinical leads with care plans and risk assessments
- Access to our Wellbeing and Support Hub - an online portal tailored to your mental health, wellbeing and professional development needs including access to our Employee Assistance Programme
Our goal is to provide world-class care to our clients, and with the right support workers, we can achieve this. If you're looking for a worthwhile opportunity to provide person-centred care to those who need it most, then this is the perfect role for you. You can apply by selecting the blue ‘Apply for this job now’ button in the top right corner, and a member of our expert team will be in touch shortly. If you wish to learn more about the role, our team are more than happy to help. You can get in touch with them via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or ring them on 0333 323 1914.