Mental Health Support Worker - Community
£16 per hour for days, £18 for nights and £20 for weekends
Plymouth area (some travel may be required)
Are you looking for a new challenge in your career? Are you looking to join a company where your expertise and dedication is rewarded? Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of others?
Your care, our passion
Thornbury Community Services provides an intensive community home-based rehabilitation care service for both adolescents and adults who have a primary diagnosis of a mental disorder as defined in the Mental Health Act.
We aim to continually work towards improving the quality of care we provide to those who use the service. Our overall objective is to always strive to have the service user at the centre of their care and promote all our service users to live independent, fulfilling and rewarding lives, being active members of their communities.
TCS is recruiting experienced mental health support workers to join our service and provide consistent and continuous care to individuals in the community. You will be working 1:1 with our female client, providing support in her day to day life. Our vision is to increase personal choice and to empower people within our service to make informed decisions about their care. You will be supported by an experienced team who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of individuals we care for. We provide ongoing long-term care and ask for a minimum commitment of 3 shifts per week (8am until 8pm or 8pm until 8am).
- A minimum of 12 months UK based care experience within the last 2 years of working with adolescents and adults who have a primary diagnosis of a mental disorder.
- Applicants should be compassionate, understanding and trustworthy with a strong sense of integrity and dedication.
- The support and care you provide will be respectful, dignified and caring following each individual’s person-centred care plan to promote choices and independence.
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Good literacy skills, attention to detail and the ability to complete written records of care.
- An excellent communicator and good team player
- Genuinely driven with a desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
- Able to offer enhanced care with a flexible learning approach for all our service users.
- A current driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes is required.
Benefits for you
- Your expertise will be rewarded with market-leading pay and we recognise and reward your commitment and achievements.
- Four payroll runs per week.
- Bespoke training and development opportunities
- Simple registration process with online platforms and electronic file clearing and one to one support throughout the process.
- Mileage and travel allowance are covered in some instances.
- Rotas provided a month in advance.
- Clinical support when needed 24/7 from our dedicated team.
- A variety of bonuses and recognition and reward schemes, including Refer a friend bonus.
- Access to an exclusive benefits platform offering a range of discounts and perks.
- Support from a clinical lead with care plans and risk assessments to ensure that collaborative working is key.
This is an excellent opportunity for passionate support workers to join an extremely rewarding package of care where you will have the opportunity to help transform the lives of individuals and their families whilst developing and maintaining professional working relationships. By joining this package of care you will be playing a key part in helping to develop a client’s goals and day to day activities.
If you think you have the skills and experience required for our packages of care, we would love to hear from you. You can either apply here or give our dedicated recruitment team a call on 0333 323 1914 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enabling your passion for Caring