We’re looking for learning disability support workers to join our team in Helston, Cornwall
Thornbury Community Services (TCS) is looking for learning disability support workers who share our passion for providing tailored care to clients with learning disabilities and/or autism. For this package of care, you will need the following:
- A minimum of 12 months' UK experience in the last two years working with clients with learning disabilities and/or autism
- Experience and confidence in performing physical interventions in the last two years
- Due to the client’s needs, we are only recruiting females for this package.
- Drivers required.
We have night and weekend shifts available. The hours are:
Monday – Sunday 17.00pm – 05.00am
Monday – Friday 15.00pm – 22.00pm
Who are we?
We are a specialised care provider that delivers long-term care to support children and adults with learning disabilities and/or autism. We recruit highly skilled and qualified nurses and support workers to care for our clients in their own homes. With our team of expert healthcare professionals, we enable our clients to lead fulfilling and rewarding lives; whilst promoting personal choice, inclusion and autonomy.
The importance of values at TCS
At TCS, we have five core values that define our expectations of what we want to achieve in our learning disability and autism service. Our five values are professionalism, integrity, passion, expertise and respect. Each of our values clearly outlines our vision which incorporates our three top priorities of delivering safe care, investing in quality, colleagues and leadership and building a joined-up future through technology. Our healthcare professionals understand the importance of our values and what they mean to us.
At TCS, we don’t just talk about our values; we live them.
Working with us
When you join our team of learning disability and autism support workers, you will become an integral part of our TCS community. We will work with you to create a career path tailored to your professional development, wellbeing and support needs to ensure you can fully utilise your skills, work with a compassionate team of healthcare professionals and provide world-class care.
Your rewards and benefits package
We recognise and reward our support workers for their professionalism, passion, expertise and for the person-centred care they provide to our clients. We have a bespoke benefits package for our workers to ensure they feel valued, can achieve the careers they want and truly make a difference in the lives of our clients. When you join our TCS community, you will receive market-leading rates of pay and gain complete access to our comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Supervisions and appraisals
- Four payroll runs per week
- Confidential wellbeing calls with our Supervisions and Appraisals Team
- Bespoke training and development opportunities
- Travel and mileage allowance covered in some instances
- Rotas provided a month in advance
- 24/7 clinical support when needed from our dedicated team
- A variety of recognition and reward schemes
- Refer a friend bonus
- Access to an exclusive benefits platform offering a range of discounts and perks
- Regular support from clinical leads with care plans and risk assessments
- Access to our Wellbeing and Support Hub - an online portal tailored to your mental health, wellbeing and professional development needs including access to our Employee Assistance Programme
Working with TCS means you will be joining a team of dedicated, passionate and highly skilled individuals who share our goal of providing world-class care to clients living in their own homes and local communities. If you're looking for a worthwhile opportunity to provide tailored care to those who need it most, then this is the perfect role for you. You can apply by selecting the blue ‘Apply for this job now’ button in the top right corner, and a member of our expert team will be in touch shortly. If you wish to learn more about the role, our team are more than happy to help. You can get in touch with them via email: email@example.com or ring them on 0333 323 1914.