Learning Disabilities Support Worker
£16 days, £18 nights, £20 weekends
Monmouthshire (some travel may be required – the specific location can be discussed during pre-screen)
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of others? Are you looking for a new challenge in your career? Are you looking to join a company where your expertise and dedication is rewarded?
Thornbury Community Services is recruiting healthcare support workers to join our paediatric male client in Monmouthshire. Our client has a diagnosis of learning disabilities and has multiple medical conditions. He is cared for on a 2:1 ratio during the day and night. A mixture of long and short shifts are available during the day, with only occasional night shifts available. Healthcare support workers need to be flexible. Work will be provided on a long-term ongoing basis; for the duration that the client stays with us as a care provider.
Your care, our passion
Thornbury Community Services provide specialist outcome-focused support for children and adults who are diagnosed with learning disabilities and/or autism, who may present with behaviours that challenge. We aim to continually improve the quality of care we provide to those who use the service. Our overall objective is to keep the people we support at the centre of their care by promoting independent living, fulfilling and rewarding lives and enabling our clients to be active members of their communities.
- A minimum of 12 months UK based care experience within the last 2 years, working with both children and adults who are diagnosed with a learning disability and/or autism, who display behaviours that challenge.
- Ability to manage personal stress levels effectively and recognise this in themselves.
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Good literacy skills, attention to detail and the ability to complete written records of care.
- An excellent communicator and a good team player.
- Ability to understand and promote non-aversive behaviour management and take leadership from the clinical lead.
- Experience performing physical interventions.
- A current driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes is required.
- Experience performing clinical interventions such as stoma care and gastrostomy care is desirable.
Benefits for you
- Bespoke training and development opportunities
- A simple registration process with online platforms and electronic file clearing and one to one support throughout the process.
- Mileage and travel allowance are covered in some instances.
- Rotas provided a month in advance.
- A variety of bonuses and recognition and reward schemes, including Refer a friend bonus.
- Access to an exclusive benefits platform offering a range of discounts and perks.
This is an excellent opportunity for passionate healthcare support workers to join extremely rewarding packages of care within our learning disabilities and autism division. You will be able to help transform the lives of individuals and their families whilst developing and maintaining professional working relationships.
If you're interested in this vacancy, apply now. If you want more information, call Stacey on 0333 323 1914 or email email@example.com.
Enabling your passion for Caring.