Learning Disabilities Health Care Support Worker
Insert rates of package Up to £18 p/h for weekdays and £20 p/h for weekends
Bedfordshire area (some travel may be required)
Thornbury Community Services is recruiting experienced health care support workers, who have extensive experience supporting both children and adults, who have a diagnosis of learning disabilities and/or autism to join our service and provide consistent and continuous care to individuals in the community. Our vision is to increase personal choice and to empower people within our service to make informed decisions about their care. You will be supported by an experienced team who are passionate about making a difference to the lives of individuals we care for.
TCS is recruiting for a core team, to support a young female client in package of care covering 5 days per week. Hours are 09:00 -16:00. TCS is looking for support workers who have a minimum of 3 days availability per week, full time hours are available currently.
Key Requirements –
- TCS is looking for Support Workers with a minimum of 12 months UK based care experience within the last 2 years, working with both children and adults who are diagnosed with a learning disability and/or autism, who display behaviours that challenge.
- TCS requires all applicants to have previous training and experience in physical intervention. Full client-specific training will be delivered as part of your recruitment process.
- A current driving license and access to a vehicle for work purposes is desirable.
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Good literacy skills, attention to detail, and the ability to complete written records of care.
- An excellent communicator and a good team player.
Benefits for you -
- A variety of bonuses and recognition and reward schemes, including Refer a friend bonus.
- Access to an exclusive benefits platform offering a range of discounts and perks.
- Support from a clinical lead in relation to care plans and risk assessments to ensure that collaborative working is key.
This is an excellent opportunity for passionate support workers to join extremely rewarding packages of care where you will have the opportunity to help transform the lives of individuals and their families whilst developing and maintaining professional working relationships. By joining this package of care, you will be playing a key part in helping to develop a client’s goals and day to day activities whilst improving their health and wellbeing.
Please only apply for this position if you have the skills and experience required for our packages of care. Please apply on our website or contact our Recruitment team on 0333 323 1914 or email LDArecruitment@thornbruycommunityservices.co.uk We look forward to hearing from you!