£16 - days £18 - nights £20 - weekends
Thornbury Community Services provide home-based support for individuals living with learning disabilities and autism. We deliver the highest quality of care for people who display challenging behaviours and can pose a significant risk to themselves or others.
We require experienced support workers to cover a variety of 12 hour shifts, in a 24/7, 5:1 package of care for a young male in the Truro area with a diagnosis of a learning disability, autism and a range of challenging behaviours. Full-time hours are available.
We can offer you:
- Simple registration process – online platforms and electronic file clearing, with one to one support throughout the process.
- Rotas provided a month in advance.
- Support when needed 24/7 from our team.
- Access to an exclusive benefits platform offering a range of discounts and perks.
- A £250 bonus every time you successfully refer a friend to our company.
- Paid training for every candidate.
- A minimum of 12 months experience within the last 2 years of working with clients who have a diagnosis of a learning disability and/or autism.
- Experience working with clients who display challenging behaviours.
- Confidence when managing risks out in the community and effectively being able to de-escalate stressful situations.
- Experience in using Physical Intervention as a last resort.
- A current driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes is desirable.
This can be a challenging role, so we are looking for applicants that are resilient and confident in using Physical Intervention as a last resort. Support workers will benefit from extensive experience working with clients with learning disabilities and/or autism in various settings such as out in the community and residential settings.
If you like the sound of what we do as a business, please get in touch! You can either apply here or give our dedicated recruitment team an email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enabling your Passion for Caring