Learning Disabilities Healthcare Support Worker
£16 days, £18 nights, £20 weekends
Wiltshire area (some travel may be required)
Are you looking for a new challenge in your career? Are you looking to join a company where your expertise and dedication is rewarded? Are you passionate about making a difference to the lives of others?
Thornbury Community Services is recruiting for healthcare support workers to join our young male client on a 5:1 ratio during the day and 3:1 during the night. Our client has a diagnosis of learning disabilities and autism and requires 24/7 care. Healthcare support workers would be required to commit to a minimum of 3 shifts per week, 8am until 8pm or 8pm until 8am. Experience of performing physical interventions is essential.
Your care, our passion
Thornbury Community Services provide specialist outcome-focused support for children and adults who are diagnosed with a learning disability and/or autism, who may present with behaviours that challenge. Our aim is to continually work towards improving the quality of care we provide to those who use the service. Our overall objective is to always strive to have the people we support at the centre of their care and promote independent living, fulfilling and rewarding lives and being active members of their communities.
- A minimum of 12 months UK based care experience within the last 2 years, working with both children and adults who are diagnosed with a learning disability and/or autism, who display behaviours that challenge.
- Ability to manage personal stress levels effectively and recognise this in themselves.
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Good literacy skills, attention to detail and the ability to complete written records of care.
- An excellent communicator and good team player.
- Ability to understand and promote non aversive behaviour management and take leadership from the clinical lead.
- Experience performing physical interventions.
- A current driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes is desirable.
Benefits for you
- Bespoke training and development opportunities
- Simple registration process with online platforms and electronic file clearing and one to one support throughout the process.
- Mileage and travel allowance covered in some instances.
- Rotas provided a month in advance.
- A variety of bonuses and recognition and reward schemes, including Refer a friend bonus.
- Access to an exclusive benefits platform offering a range of discounts and perks.
This is an excellent opportunity for passionate healthcare support workers to join extremely rewarding packages of care where you will have the opportunity to help transform the lives of individuals and their families whilst developing and maintaining professional working relationships.
If you're interested in this vacancy apply now or if you want some more information you can call Stacey on 0333 323 1914 or email email@example.com.
Enabling your passion for Caring.