£16 - days £18 - nights £20 - weekends
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to join a team of dedicated and friendly support workers? Do you want to feel like you a making a positive difference to our clients’ lives?
Thornbury Community Services (TCS) are looking for a staff team who can offer regular, consistent shifts on a weekly basis.
We are recruiting experienced support workers to join our service and provide consistent and continuous care to vulnerable adults and children in the community, who display behaviours that challenge. We require support workers to cover a variety of shifts, in a 24/7, 5:1 package of care for a young male in the Truro area.
Why join us?
- Simple Registration process – Online platforms and electronic file clearing, one to one support throughout the process.
- Rotas provided a month in advance.
- Support when needed 24/7 from our dedicated team.
- Access to an exclusive benefits platform offering a range of discounts and perks.
- Support from a dedicated clinical lead in relation to care plans, risk assessments, ensuring that collaborative working is key.
- Excellent pay rates with mileage and travel covered.
Do you have –
- Extensive experience working with clients with a Learning Disability and/or Autism the last 2 years? (A minimum of 1 year is required.)
- Experience working with clients who have extreme challenging behaviours?
- Confidence when managing risks out in the community and effectively being able to de-escalate stressful situations?
- Training and experience in using Physical Intervention as a last resort?
- Training in de-escalation techniques?
- A clean driving licence and access to a vehicle is preferred but not essential.
Full support and training will be given to all our support workers to ensure a trusting relationship is established not only with our clients but also our dedicated staff. Applicants should be compassionate with a strong sense of integrity and dedication. Support workers will benefit from extensive experience working with learning disabilities and/or autistic clients either in a secure unit, a residential setting or working within a SEN School.
- Apply today or email LDArecruitment@thornburycommunityservices.co.uk for more information. We look forward to speaking to you!