Learning Disabilities Support Worker
Pay: £11.84 per hour to £14.80 per hour
Thornbury Community Services is recruiting experienced health care support workers, who have extensive experience supporting both children and adults, who have a diagnosis of learning disabilities and/or autism to join our service and provide consistent and continuous care to individuals in the community. Our vision is to increase personal choice and to empower people within our service to make informed decisions about their care. You will be supported by an experienced team who are passionate about making a difference to the lives of individuals we care for.
TCS is recruiting for a Healthcare Support Worker to support our young male client based in Middlesbrough. The shift pattern is 10:00 to 21:00 and we are looking for someone who is happy to pick up bank shifts and cover any upcoming absence, holiday and sickness.
Key Requirements –
- TCS is looking for Support Workers with a minimum of 12 months UK based care experience within the last 2 years, working with both children and adults who are diagnosed with a learning disability and/or autism, who display behaviours that challenge.
- TCS requires all applicants to have previous training and experience in physical intervention. Full client-specific training will be delivered as part of your recruitment process.
- A current driving license and access to a vehicle for work purposes is desirable.
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Good literacy skills, attention to detail, and the ability to complete written records of care.
- An excellent communicator and a good team player.
Benefits for you -
- Mileage and travel allowance covered in some instances.
- Rotas provided a month in advance.
- A variety of bonuses and recognition and reward schemes, including Refer a friend bonus.
- Access to an exclusive benefits platform offering a range of discounts and perks.
This is an excellent opportunity for passionate support workers to join extremely rewarding packages of care where you will have the opportunity to help transform the lives of individuals and their families whilst developing and maintaining professional working relationships. By joining this package of care, you will be playing a key part in helping to develop a client’s goals and day to day activities whilst improving their health and wellbeing.
Please only apply for this position if you have the skills and experience required for our packages of care. Please apply on our website or contact our Recruitment team on 0333 323 1914 or email LDArecruitment@thornbruycommunityservices.co.uk We look forward to hearing from you!