Learning Disabilities Support Worker
Pay: £11.84 to £14.80 per hour
Thornbury Community Services is recruiting experienced health care support workers with extensive experience supporting both children and adults who have a diagnosis of learning disabilities and/or autism.
You will be joining a team of experts who provide consistent and continuous care to individuals in the community.
Our vision is to increase personal choice and empower people within our service to make informed decisions about their care. You will be supported by an experienced team who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of individuals we care for.
TCS is recruiting for Healthcare Support Workers to support our young male client based in Middlesbrough. We are looking for people who are happy to commit to two to three shifts per week.
The hours are:
- Monday to Friday – 9:00 to 21:00
- Saturday and Sunday – 11:00 to 21:00
- (There are two-night shifts per fortnight)
- TCS is looking for support workers with a minimum of twelve months UK based care experience within the last two years, working with both children and adults who are diagnosed with a learning disability and/or autism, who display behaviours that challenge.
- TCS requires all applicants to have previous training and experience in physical intervention. Full client-specific training will be delivered as part of your recruitment process.
- A current driving license and access to a vehicle for work purposes is desirable.
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Good literacy skills, attention to detail, and the ability to complete written records of care.
- An excellent communicator and a good team player.
Benefits for you:
- Mileage and travel allowance covered in some instances.
- Rotas provided a month in advance.
- A variety of bonuses and recognition and reward schemes, including Refer a friend bonus.
- Access to an exclusive benefits platform offering a range of discounts and perks.
This is an excellent opportunity for passionate support workers to join extremely rewarding packages of care where you will have the opportunity to help transform the lives of individuals and their families whilst developing and maintaining professional working relationships. By joining this package of care, you will be playing a key part in helping to develop a client’s goals and day to day activities whilst improving their health and wellbeing.
Please only apply for this position if you have the skills and experience required for our packages of care. There are a couple of ways to apply this role, you can either hit the apply now or alternatively you can apply on our website https://www.thornburycommunityservices.co.uk/application.
If you wish to get in touch with our recruitment team, our contact number is 0333 323 1914 or you can email LDArecruitment@thornbruycommunityservices.co.uk. We look forward to hearing from you!