£16 - £20 per hour
Thornbury Community Services are recruiting experienced support workers to join our service and provide continuous care to our client in Truro.
We require support workers to cover a variety of 12 hour shifts, in a 24/7, 5:1 package of care for a young male in the Truro area with a diagnosis of a learning disability, autism and a range of challenging behaviours. Full-time hours are available.
Knowledge and experience required:
- A minimum of 12 months experience within the last 2 years of working with clients who have a diagnosis of a learning disability and/or autism.
- Experience working with clients who display a variety of challenging behaviours.
- Confidence when managing risks out in the community and effectively being able to de-escalate stressful situations.
- Experience in using Physical Intervention as a last resort - this can be a physical role.
- A current driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes is desirable.
Benefits of joining us:
- A chance to be a part of the core team supporting our client.
- Competitive pay rates as well as mileage/travel covered to and from shift.
- Rotas provided a month in advance.
- Support when needed 24/7 from our team, including a dedicated Clinical Lead and Care Coordinator attached to the package.
- A £250 bonus every time you successfully refer a friend to our company.
- Paid training for every candidate.
This can be a challenging but incredibly rewarding role, so we are looking for applicants that are resilient and experienced with using physical intervention. Support workers will benefit from extensive experience working with clients with learning disabilities and/or autism in various settings such as out in the community and residential settings.
If you like the sound of what we do as a business, please get in touch! You can either apply here or give our dedicated recruitment team an email - email@example.com.
Enabling your Passion for Caring