Healthcare Support Worker - Learning Disabilities and Autism
£16 days, £18 nights, £20 weekends
Salisbury (some travel may be required - specific location to be confirmed at pre-screen stage)
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of others? Are you looking for a new challenge in your career? Are you looking to join a company where your expertise and dedication is rewarded?
Thornbury Community Services is recruiting for healthcare support workers to join our young male client living outside Salisbury. Our client has a diagnosis of learning disabilities and autism and requires 24/7 care. This package of care is nurse led and support is provided on a 5:1 ratio during the day and night. Healthcare support workers would be required to commit to a minimum of 3 shifts per week, 8am until 8pm or 8pm until 8am. Work will be provided on a long-term ongoing basis for the duration that the client stays with us as a care provider. Experience performing physical interventions is essential.
Your care, our passion
Thornbury Community Services provide specialist outcome-focused support for children and adults who are diagnosed with learning disabilities and/or autism, who may present with behaviours that challenge. We aim to continually work towards improving the quality of care we provide to those who use the service. Our overall objective is to always strive to have the people we support at the centre of their care and promote independent living, fulfilling and rewarding lives and being active members of their communities.
- A minimum of 12 months UK based care experience within the last 2 years, working with both children and adults who are diagnosed with a learning disability and/or autism, who display behaviours that challenge.
- Ability to manage personal stress levels effectively and recognise this in themselves.
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Good literacy skills, attention to detail and the ability to complete written records of care.
- An excellent communicator and a good team player.
- Ability to understand and promote non-aversive behaviour management and take leadership from the clinical lead.
- Experience performing physical interventions.
- A current driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes is required.
Benefits for you
- Bespoke training and development opportunities
- A simple registration process with online platforms and electronic file clearing and one to one support throughout the process.
- Mileage and travel allowance are covered in some instances.
- Rotas provided a month in advance.
- A variety of bonuses and recognition and reward schemes, including Refer a friend bonus.
- Access to an exclusive benefits platform offering a range of discounts and perks.
This is an excellent opportunity for passionate healthcare support workers to join extremely rewarding packages of care within our learning disabilities and autism division. You will be able to help transform the lives of individuals and their families whilst developing and maintaining professional working relationships.
If you're interested in this vacancy, apply now. If you want more information, call Stacey on 0333 323 1914 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enabling your passion for Caring.