Are you a highly experienced RMN who is looking for their next challenge? Do you have extensive management experience that you could bring to a brand-new service? Thornbury Community Services has an extremely exciting opportunity that has arisen for a person centred, care focused Mental Health Nurse to join us and lead our brand-new Community Mental Health Service!!!
Working alongside our well established, highly reputable Complex Care and Learning Disabilities & Autism Services, you will be working under the direction and guidance of the Head of Service and have responsibility for all clinical aspects of the Mental Health Service. This a fantastic opportunity to implement policies and procedures and assist with the initial set-up of the service. The Clinical Nurse Manager is responsible for the day-to-day running of all clinical functions within their region. A ‘hands on’ management and leadership role with the opportunity for progression as the service grows!
At TCS, high quality care is our number one priority. With a team of exceptional and conscientious healthcare staff, we’re able to deliver the best complex care at home or in the community, 24/7 or whenever it is needed. With compassion, integrity and dedication, we help empower individuals to achieve personal aspirations, as well as providing care tailored to their needs. Making a positive difference to our client’s lives is our passion and it’s this that sets us apart.
Our Clinical Team are at the heart of our business, so we will offer you:
- Fantastic company culture
- Optional charity involvement – Ambitious About Autism
- Great work/life balance
- Clear progression pathway
- Clinically tailored World Class Service
- Excellent rates of pay
- The opportunity to enhance your career by applying your transferable skills in a supported community-based setting
- Full induction programme and training
- Support with ongoing professional development
- Senior management support
- Strong internal support team with reward and recognition schemes
- Christmas and Summer parties and social events throughout the year
Key tasks include:
- Providing effective clinical management, oversight and advice.
- Strategic leadership of the Mental Health Service to encourage business growth and clinical safety.
- Ensuring clinical and operational excellence is in place throughout the service through effective liaison and collaboration with internal teams and stakeholders
- Networking and relationship building with CCG’s and other key external stakeholders
- Management of a team of regionally based clinical leads as the service grows.
- Leading as an example to others creating an open, positive and inclusive atmosphere.
- Responsible for the setup and accuracy of initial assessments, care plans and risk assessments within your clinical team.
- Supporting the on-call function within the team.
Skills and experience:
- Working knowledge of the Health and Social Care Act 2008
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Experience of managing a department or business unit
- Ability to organise and prioritise own and business workload
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively manage and develop a team
- Wealth of experience supporting service users in the community with mental health conditions
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of working in the Mental Health sector