Thornbury Community Services is currently looking to recruit a passionate and knowledgeable ITU or HDU Nurse to work with our complex care packages as a Regional Clinical Lead. The Complex Care Nurse is responsible for overseeing the bespoke care and support of clients, helping them to achieve their full potential and experience an increased quality of life. The Intensive Care Nurse will support the Senior Clinical Team in the assessment process and setting up a new package.
At TCS, high quality care is our number one priority. With a team of exceptional and conscientious registered nurses and care staff, we’re able to deliver the best complex care at home or in the community 24/7 or whenever is needed. With compassion, integrity and dedication, we help empower individuals to achieve personal aspirations, as well as providing care tailored to their needs. Making a positive difference to our client’s lives is our passion and this is what sets us apart.
‘ICS group is the number 1 UK provider of highly skilled and specialised workforce solutions and related services to the health, social care and life sciences segments’
Our Nurses are at the heart of our business, so we will offer you:
- Excellent rates of pay
- The opportunity to enhance your career by applying acute clinical skills in the community setting.
- Optional charity involvement
- Great work/life balance
- Car allowance
- Full induction program and training
- Support with ongoing professional development
- Senior clinical support
- Excellent company culture with reward and recognition schemes
- Strong internal support team
- Clinically tailored World Class Business Model
- Responsible for undertaking initial holistic nursing assessments in partnership with the Service User/family/carer and involving other statutory/voluntary/third ‘party’ sector providers as necessary
- Responsible for developing individualised Care Plans in partnership with the Service User/family/other Health Care Professionals as appropriate ensuring goals are patient focused, realistic and achievable.
- To ensure all care packages are reviewed every three months or more frequently in accordance with clinical level
- To conduct generic risk assessments and review them on a regular basis, in line with organisational policy
- To maintain excellent communication with the Divisional Clinical Lead and Case Manager, highlighting any areas of concern.
- Provide On Call support to the Community Care team on a roster basis.
- To ensure high standards and excellence in clinical practice within area of responsibility, reflecting current organisational and national guidelines and standards.
- Undertake clinical work to maintain and develop clinical skills**
- Assist with training of community staff for specific care packages
- To utilise expert nursing skills to provide assessment, intervention and clinical guidance as appropriate
- To work with Multi-Disciplinary Teams in the management of care and appropriate response to changes in Service User needs
- To maintain an up to date record of all care packages in designated area
- To undertake expert assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care for a specific group of service users
- To keep the Divisional Clinical Lead fully informed and up to date with all allocated packages
Skills and Experience:
- A band 6 or above Nurse with experience in complex care.
- Passionate about delivering excellence in clinical and holistic care.
- Current NMC PIN
- Flexible working approach
- Recent Tracheostomy and Ventilation experience with up to date competencies in both areas