CHC Assessment Nurses
TCS is looking for Continuing Healthcare (CHC) Nurses with at least 6 months recent experience in the last 3 years, to help support our community partners with their CHC workload.
Your standard day would involve attending the local CCG office to collect relevant patient documents, attending the patient’s location (home, nursing home or hospital), completing the assessment and finally returning to the CCG office to complete all documentation.
We have different types of opportunities and these will depend on the contracts we hold. Here is a brief overview of the type of work you could be doing:
Interim staffing – covering short term projects, sickness, maternity leave, recruitment periods and supporting high demand areas. These roles normally have 8-week minimum terms with a view to extend as needed.
Outstanding/Overdue assessments & reviews – support local CCGs with outstanding assessments to reduce workload
Appeals support – You would work as an independent assessors to provide information to local appeals teams. This will involve undertaking a full new assessment of the patient and completing a DST to be utilised during the appeal.
Hours will be 09:00-17:00 unless otherwise stated.
- Nurses with a minimum 6 months’ UK-based CHC Assessment experience in the last 3 years
- Confident as a lone worker
- Friendly, compassionate, self-motivated, with excellent communication skills and a keen interest in community based nursing
- Earn £28 per hour
- Mileage allowance – commute mileage covered at 25p per mile and business mileage (from CCG office to patient location) covered at 45p per mile
- 24/7 on call support and assistance from a qualified nurse on our dedicated call centre team
- Competitive pay rates and holiday pay paid on every shift
- Opportunity to progress and develop your skills
If you think you have the skills and experience needed to be a community nurse or would like more information please complete the form below.